Recent reports indicate that in 2023, 28.2% of employees have adopted a hybrid work model. Many companies find that offering full-time remote career opportunities or ones that are a hybrid model is how to stay competitive with recruiting top talent.
As the workplace landscape transforms, businesses encounter fresh challenges. The critical need to offer secure remote access arises to safeguard organizational assets like emails, applications, and data.
If you’re venturing into the evolving realm of work dynamics, technology’s convergence with business operations and security becomes paramount. Your guide to achieving operational efficiency and fortified remote access awaits. Explore how to navigate this landscape effectively.
What Is On-Demand Secure Access?
On-demand secure remote access means you can get “secure access” to your applications, data, and office PC from anywhere – be it from the comfort of your home, a bustling airport, or even while on the road. This convenience is at your fingertips whenever you need it. Your work knows no boundaries as you effortlessly connect and collaborate.
Cybersecurity knows no geographical limits; it’s the embodiment of location-independent and context-aware security. Enjoy unwavering peace of mind as your data stays safeguarded through secure remote access to vital resources, regardless of your location.
Types of Technology
In secure remote access, several technologies stand ready to safeguard collaborative efforts against cyber threats. Teams must harness these tools to ensure fearless collaboration and thwart hackers’ advances.
These technologies include:
- Cloud Access Security Brokers
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Zero-Trust Network Access
Cybersecurity teams spearhead these crucial efforts in today’s digital business landscape. Charged with orchestrating policies, procedures, and business technology, they oversee all aspects of providing users with secure remote access. Their vigilance ensures that collaboration remains not just seamless but also well-protected.
Cybersecurity professionals play a crucial role in evaluating and mitigating risks associated with remote access. They tackle issues like password sharing, using unencrypted personal devices, and inadequate patching. Additionally, these experts monitor the organization’s software landscape, actively seeking out applications that breach established security standards.
Their responsibilities extend to addressing the most pressing cybersecurity risks. They assess the efficacy of their methods in monitoring and managing remote access activities. They constantly seek innovative ways to enhance security and ensure that remote access protocols remain up-to-date as an imperative part of their role.
Best Practices for Secure Remote Access
In an ever-evolving digital landscape, new threats constantly loom. Devices like routers and personal computers are prime targets for hackers as cybercriminals lurk in the dark and unleash malware on unsuspecting users.
For IT professionals, the task of security management is formidable. But fear not, organizations can effectively tackle these threats and thwart potential damage by adopting the following strategies:
- Assume threats will occur: Acknowledge that threats are inevitable and prepare for them proactively.
- Designate dedicated remote work devices: Identify specific devices exclusively for remote work to minimize vulnerabilities.
- Craft a telework policy: Establish a clear policy for telecommuting that outlines security protocols and expectations.
- Implement user authentication: Enforce strong user authentication methods to verify identities and enhance access control.
- Encrypt sensitive data: Safeguard sensitive information with encryption to prevent unauthorized access.
- Securely manage sensitive data: Employ robust data management practices to ensure sensitive data remains secure.
- Deploy ZTNA-based access gateway: Establish a Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) gateway for secure and controlled access.
- Forge alliances with third-party vendors: Collaborate closely with third-party vendors to ensure a unified approach to security.
Remote work’s boon to productivity is undeniable, yet it carries inherent risks. By implementing these security measures, these risks can be mitigated or even eliminated.
Safeguarding your digital realm becomes a reality, allowing you to embrace the benefits of remote work without compromising security.
How to Get On-Demand Remote Work Security
In pursuing a steadfast partner, turn to those dedicated to making business happen. Join forces with experts who excel in enabling seamless operations from any location. This is precisely where enterprise-wide authentication comes into play.
Empowering your workforce and ensuring secure remote access for both employees and contractors is becoming a reality with Accops by your side. The key here is choice – Accops grants you the freedom to choose.
With versatile licensing models, deployment platforms, and remote access technologies, Accops equips you to build a secure workforce on a grand scale. Reach out to our proficient team at Accops today and embark on a journey of streamlined productivity.